Is this our aim:
to be holy in all our behavior (1 Peter 1:14-16),
pleasing Him “in all respects”,
walking “in a manner worthy of the Lord”,
“bearing fruit in every good work
and increasing in the knowledge of God,
strengthened with all power,
according to His glorious might” (Colossians 1:10)?
Is this standard of life our main objective? This is the abundant life that He has provided for us.
Do we aim to live lives that can say, like Paul, “Be imitators of me, just as I also am of Christ” (1 Corinthians 11:1) with an “earnest expectation and hope, that I will not be put to shame in anything, but that with all boldness, Christ will even now, as always, be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain” (Philippians 1:20-21)?
Or have we settled for “less than” what has been provided, promised, and asked of us? Have we settled for the status quo and a “quenched” Holy Spirit? It’s important that we take the time to ask the Lord to show us the answers to these questions.
“Search me, O God, and know my heart;
Try me and know my anxious thoughts;
And see if there be any hurtful way in me,
And lead me in the everlasting way.” Psalm 139:23-24
From the Heart of God:
Go forth in boldness and proclaim My excellencies, the excellencies of My Name, My way, My plan.
And take action. Do not neglect “the straight ways of the Lord” (Acts 13:10).
Do not neglect My Word – not just the reading, but the DOING, the believing, the pressing in, the praying without ceasing, the living of My Word. Do not neglect it.
Take action. Act like My Word is true, because it is! Live it. Step out in faith and see Me move. “Action” (also known as obedience) will take care of so many of the other issues you are trying to work through within yourself.
So often you wait to put the truth into action until you think yourself ready, when acting in faith in obedience will break those bonds and set you into complete freedom and clarity and make you ready.
Take Me at My Word. This really is the answer to all problems.
Let’s know His Word, believe Him, and obey.
Pray, listen, and write*:
– Ask Him to search your heart today: are you settling for “less than” He has for you and has called you to?
– Lord, show me where I am not walking in holiness in my behavior or my thoughts.
– What does it mean for me today to live in a manner worthy of you, Lord?
– What fruit do You want me to bear so that others can be blessed? What are those good works that you prepared beforehand that I would walk in them (Ephesians 2:10)?
– Lord, I pray that you will always be exalted in and through my life. Show me what needs to change for that to be so. Search My heart and lead me in the everlasting way.
*Put pen to paper and ask these questions before the Lord. Write until He shows you the answers.